Monday 16 January 2017

Trying the trend - Style Arc Adeline dress

Despite it's popularity I'd stayed away from the Style Arc Adeline dress fearing that the cocoon shape wouldn't be very flattering on me.



While I'm not convinced this is my best look I do really like this dress.  So many of the versions I have seen have been made from a beautiful linen and I chose to make this from a lovely rayon crepe that I bought online from The Fabric Store.  It was so nice to work with and is a dream to wear, especially on really hot days.  It gives the dress a lot of movement and it kind of feels like it's just floating around me.


I made a straight size 14 and I'm pretty happy with the way it fits.  I'm 6 foot tall (183cm) so keep that in mind when considering the length on you.  I forgot to remove the centre back seam but it's really not necessary.


I really like the V neck - it's not too low and the facing finishes it beautifully.  I also really like the slightly shaped high/low hem, which was something that I was unsure about when I was cutting it out.  I'm glad I left it as is.


The only complaint I have with this dress is that, on me, it tends to slip backwards on my shoulders so the front rides up and the neck sits too high.

I haven't heard anyone else have the same problem so it might be the fabric I've used or maybe it's just the shape of my shoulders!  Either way it's not a deal breaker and I'm sure that this dress will get plenty of wear.  This is a great dress that comes together really quickly and I have to say that I really like the construction methods that Style Arc use.


5 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I love this on you - it looks so chic!

fabric epiphanies said...

I am loving every one of these I have seen and yours is no exception. It looks great!

Sharon said...

Great style and interesting to see the different drape with the crepe. If anything fall back on shoulders usually means I haven't done my forward shoulder adjustment.

Coco said...

Great dress! I'm considering it :-) Those shoulders - you could move the seam forward a little bit (I'll be on the lookout when I do mine). I also picked up a tip from something I made recently, to faux-fell the shoulder seam toward the front, even on one with a cut-on sleeve. I've always done them toward the back, but it really does make a difference. Just that little of weight and movement.

Love your make, thks for sharing!

Unknown said...

We love this! The rayon crepe is one of our favs for summer. Thanks for sharing :)