Monday 27 August 2012

Gone Dotty

In the recent (online) Tessuti sale I bought this black dotty jersey I didn't know what I wanted to make, but I knew I had to have it.  Then driving home from the Melbourne meet up (more on that in a minute) I realised it would make a perfect balloon top.  




I love this pattern - the round neckline at the front, the gentle V at the back, the shape of the sleeves.  It just really does it for me and I think this version might be my new favourite (previous versions here, here and here)  

I already mentioned that I went to the Melbourne meet up.  I was nervous as all get out (I absolutely dread walking into a room full of strangers) but everyone was great and it was pretty cool to see some of things I'd really admired in person.  I had a really lovely afternoon and came home so inspired - it was a great kick start to my mojo.  I don't have any photos, but there are lots of great posts that do - here's the full list of attendees if you'd like to check out some inspiring ladies:

Rachel :My messings
Kirsty: Rocket Sews
Lara: Thornberry
Melanie: PoppyKettle
Christy: Little Betty
Sarah: Sewsquirrell

Special mention to the lovely blog-less ladies AnnaCatherine, Heather and Sue A. 

Finally - I'll leave you with a little sneak peak of another finished item - I just need to get some photos of me wearing it.

9 comments:

poppykettle said...

Oooh I've never seen polka dot jersery before! This looks both comfy and lovely! It was so nice to meet you on Saturday week ago - I know exactly what you mean about the nerves. I swear it was worse than going on a first date :) But once you're there it's all good :) Hope to see you at the next one!

PurpleMum said...

Wow, it looks even better made up!!

Funkbunny said...

That looks lovely on you! What a great pattern (and love the shoes too )

Marie said...

Great top! I love the red shoes as well.

Carolyn said...

Your top is beautiful! and I love it worn with those gorgeous red shoes. A terrific outfit :)

fabric epiphanies said...

Your top is lovely. Just dressy enough not to be a tee shirt.

Bernice said...

I LOVE spots. The red shoes set off the outfit perfectly.

Lynneb said...

Great choice for your fabric, Robyn. The whole outfit works! Nicely done!

I will work for Fabric said...

What an awesome top, love polka dots. How did you go with ordering the pattern, are the instructions in Japanese? Thinking this would look lovely in a soft drapey rayon.