Wednesday 11 April 2012

Signing on

Not much sewing happening over here.  I've got patterns and fabrics matched up and ready to go (I've even pre-washed my fabric) but all the options seem to have overwhelmed me and so I'm doing nothing (except shopping - but that's another story).


To help get myself moving I've signed up for Me Made May.  While I struggled at times with the challenges last year I actually really enjoyed completing them.  This year I'm upping the ante a little and pledging to wear two me made items a day.

'I, Robyn of Sew Love Red, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear at least two me made pieces each day for the duration of May 2012'.

Last night I forced myself to cut out a dress in the hope that it would give me a bit of a jump start...it's sort of working.  Hopefully I'll have something to show soon.  Aside from a melted credit card that is :)


5 comments:

Sharon said...

Looking forward to seeing your creations in May.

Funny how we sometimes get bogged down, I try to only have 1 garment cut out and on the go but that does change at times.

Carolyn said...

I agree, sometimes one can get overwhelmed by one's own avalanche of ideas! I've always got something on the go as well, but some projects have me more excited and motivated than others. I'm looking forward to seeing your chic ensembles over in me-made May too!

Lynneb said...

Hey, good for you! I did a "Me Made" last summer and it was great fun.

Bernice said...

All the best. I'm a little tempted myself. I've never done one before but for the first time, would actually have enough MM clothes to do it. Great cowl BTW!

Gabrielle said...

Good luck with giving yourself a sewing jump start :-)

I want to do MMM12 but I'm thinking of sticking to just 1 me made item a day... I don't think I have enough cosy clothes...