Sunday 7 August 2011

Zebra Crossing

Between a recent increase in hours at work and some beautiful weather my sewing has been sadly neglected. It has taken me a week to find the time to sew a pair of simple wide leg lounge pants.


These are from Amy Butler's In Stitches book - I saw them on a blog (can't recall which one) and really loved the look of them.  The pattern came on three separate pieces of paper (front leg, back leg, upper back leg) and only included the top portion, you add all the length yourself.  I laid out all the pieces, pinned them together and then traced the pattern off as a single piece, there's even less sewing this way. 


These babies really are wide leg, the hem circumference is over 80cm!  You can see that mine are a little bit too long - I didn't pre-wash my fabric so it's just a little insurance against shrinkage.

View b is the purple coat


I've also got the fashion fabric and interfacing for view B of V8548 cut out (on clearance for $5).  It looks like it will be pretty simple to put together, but the recent unseasonal warm weather has turned my mind to spring/summer sewing. 

Hopefully I'll get my sewing groove back because there's so much I want to do.

1 comment:

Bernice said...

Love your zebra pants. I've lost a bit of my sewing mojo of late. Must try and dig it out!